Published on Saturday, 26 September 2009
There have been various questions on Sadesati and my 1st post here on Sadesati has helped meet most of the expectations. There are also questions about Shani mahadasha and antardasha. Most of the people think that it is a troublesome period in life. Well, it is not correct. Rather, many great people become "great" in the real sense in Shani mahadasha. Shani mahadasha lasts for 19 years so you understand how important this period could be! :)
To understand "Shani effect" better (Sadesati), you can also read my article on Sade Sati:
1. Why do you think the masses that didn't even earn 20 Rs per day, spent 10 Rs to watch Bachchan's movie (Single handed movies), why more so from 1970/1971 to 1989/1990 in VERY large numbers? (If you call him Big B or Amit-jee -- you are not his fan -- his fans call him either Amitabh or plain simple Bachchan).
2. Balasaheb Thackeray gets mass frenzy and great mass support all his life but more so from 1980 to 1999. He has Shani 11th house (the best place) to lagna and 3rd house to Moon (Kanya rashi) in aggressive Scorpio sign in uchcha navamansh. Shani is VERY strong as it is 3rd to moon and 11th to Lagna and Surya of Makar (Capricorn).
3. Music director O.P Nayyar had a great success from 1954 to 1973 (19 years). He was not doing bad at all in his Guru mahadasha for for 16 years until 1953/1954 but OmkarPrasad Nayar became “OP” we know today in his Shani Mahadasha.
4. Michael Jackson got stupendous mass support and mass frenzy from 1973 to 1992. (19 years).
5. The best of it all: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj had 3rd house Shani (Parakram sthan) in uchcha raashi of Tula (Libra).
6. Atal Bihari Wajpayee and Margaret Thatcher have Libra Ascendant with Shani there (1st house)! (Uchcha Shani 1st house)
7. YashawantRao Chavan had Shani in 1st house (self) in Vrushabh rashi. (Shukra signs are great for Shani). He is still regarded the best politician/CM etc of Maharashtra.
8. Sharad Pawar Saheb has Shani in 6th house with Moon (6h house: Service sector, Economic zone)
9. Salman has a very strong Shani in Kumbh rashi (10th house: Career!) with Moon and is running Shani Mahadasha from 2002. Shah Rukh also has a well placed Shani in the 4th house (Sukh-sthan) in Kumbh rashi & running Shani Mahadasha from 2006.
10. Indira Gandhi had 1st house (self) Shani in Kark rashi.
11. Raj Thackeray will start his Shani Mahadasha from 2012. I guess he is going to become a “Saheb” real soon! J
But all these folks suffered/will suffer accidents, injuries and problems in Shani Mahadasha whenever their EGO got better of them in this period. Each one of them had some Ego clashes and suffered due to it. Many of them had severe illness in this period too. Especially when Sadesati coincided with the Shani mahadasha!! :)
Shani's position, its raashi, its nakshatra, its navamansh raashi and position/sthan in the birth-chat, its relation with other planets (aspects/drishti) is very important to analyze the effect of Shani mahadasha / antardasha on your life.
Shani represents or is "karak" of masses, crowds (mass mentality), it-Gadha-cement, slow-but-steady things in life, Peeda (troubles), Dainya (Garibi), Reality Check, Wilamb (delay), night.
Shani is usually well-placed in the horoscope if your past life(s) karma with respect to masses is good. If you have donated money, land to masses and overall helped masses in overall aspects like building hospitals, schools (for poors), Anna-chhatra (Fed poor people): You have good karma with masses and better position of Shani in the Horoscope. The subtle yet omnipotent & omnipresent Law of Karma would make the masses pay you back in this life/birth in equal and opposite manner -- As simple as that.
Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed -- Every force has equal and opposite force but they act in opposite directions. All these are nothing but spiritually – which represents the "law of karma" in scientific manner.
The same way the folks mentioned above must have done a LOT in their past life(s) to do betterment of masses. The masses paid them back in their Shani mahadasha.
Shani in 3rd, 6th and 11th house shows that previous Karma with masses has been good. This Shani usually shows very good Shani mahadasha/antardasha results. Of course, assuming Shani is not in ill-aspects of Ravi (Sun) or Mangal (Mars). 1st, 10th house Shani shows mass-support “overall in life but more so in politics” in the 1st house and in career/workplace/production etc in the 10th place. Again, assuming it is well placed!
WHAT IF WE ARE NOT THAT "LUCKY" and have a badly placed Shani in the horoscope. Well, we would then tend to suffer in the Shani mahadasha at the hands of the masses and also some issues with respect to the chart-houses (& what they represent) of which Shani is the owner or shani is placed in (5th house Santati/marriage, 7th house Marriage/Relationships/Partnerships, 10 house father, 8th house inherited land/money etc etc).
The way to reduce Shani mahadasha issues are NOT any Puja or Yadnya or Mantra or even the Gemstones!!! There are two ways to pay off the Shani Mahadasha's past Karma:
1. Thru the sufferings and delays (Santati/ Marriage 5/7 houses etc)
2. Paying off the Karmic Burdens in Shani mahadasha or beforehand.
To pay off the burden some "good" astrologer needs to analyze the horoscope, analyze/find out the direction of the karmic burden and suggest some actions so that masses benefit from your actions. It is better to start as early as possible to avoid severe issues.
1. If 5th house Shani then help friends/relatives in their marriages and also donate to Orphanages/charity for kids.
2. 7th house Shani: Help in marriages (money, time/energy) Help business partners
If Shani in 10th house, do seva of your father no matter how your relation is with him.
3. Donate/spend time for Vruddhashram etc. I hope you get the idea.
If Shani-Mangal close to each other: Help your siblings in life as they need it.
4. Shani Mangal in say Sinvha raashi -- Donate to heart trouble R&D institutes.
5. Ravi-Shani yuti: Help Father/Seniors/Govt and not always oppose them. You have to do what you have to do but whenever it doesn't affect your values, try to adjust with authorities.
6. Shani in 4th house: Take care of your mother, house etc. Same for Shani with Chandra (mother)
The earlier you start with this the lesser the issues in Shani mahadasha.
Of course, regardless of good or bad: Shani Mahadasha requires discipline of all the actions, conservative approach in spending, in eating etc. EGO should be avoided at any cost as folks who do not have much money are spending money for you!! Just imagine if they find out you are being egotist when they are spending time and energy for you.
If Shani mahadasha and Sadesati at the same time affects your temperament and moral too much then HANUMAAN Sadhana is THE ONLY upaay for getting enough courage to face the effects of this. Finally it is YOUR OWN creation of this life (Sadesati) or past life/lives (Mahadasha). :)
a. Have a Hanuman purnakruti poster (as aggressive / balawaan etc as possible) it should be Dakshina-mukhi (facing South).
b. Every morning after bath, concentrate on Hanumaan poster for 3 - 5 minutes (eye to eye contact); No disturbances what so ever.
c. Every evening when it starts to get dark, recite Hanuman stotra and Raam-Raksha (sanskrit).
This will help in a MAGICAL way, Can't explain ALL the effects here for the lack of time BUT it IS magical.