Published on Sunday, 06 November 2011
NEECH-BHANG and WIPAREET RAAJYOG
Lately, there have been a few requests and some protests too to write Astro-Articles. J Here is one more quick article on Astrology. Please note that I have been putting some quick snippets on my Facebook page on Astrology almost every time I logon to Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AstroMNC
We looked at Uchcha / Neech planets in the last article:http://astromnc.blogspot.com/2011/11/uchcha-exalted-and-neech-debilitated.html
In this let us discuss Neech-bhang: It broadly means nullifying neech planet’s adverse effects both in its mahadasha/antardasha or when there are adverse gochar drushti / transits of say Shani on this planet. It also means that it will not show adverse effects on health (Shukra in Kanya - Skin issues, Mangal in Kirk - blood issues etc).
Sanskrit granth(s) describe “Neech-Bhang” scenarios as follows (I am not going to include all scenarios here). This might not work as much if this neech planet is in 6, 8, 12 houses or it is astangat in close degrees. It also works lesser if the neech-bhang planet is not the friend of this neech-rashi-planet.
1. The Neech planet’s rashi-swami is in Kendra from lagna or Chandra.
a. Shani is in Mesh (neech) and Mangal the owner of the Shani’s rashi is in 1, 4, 7, 10 from (lagna or Chandra)
2. The Neech planet’s “uchcha rashi’s swami” is in Kendra from (lagna or Chandra)
a. Say Guru in Makar is neech; It is uchcha in Kirk – So when Chandra, the owner of Kirk is in 1, 4, 7, 10 houses of the horoscope, then it is a neech-bhang
3. The Neech planet is with the rashi-swami or there is a drushti of the rashi-swami on it.
a. Budh in Meen rashi but with Guru in Meen or Guru in say Kanya or Vrishabh, Makar with its 5, 7, 9, Drushti on Budh
4. The Neech planet is with a planet which is uchcha in that rashi.
a. Guru is in Makar rashi is neech but when Mangal which is uchcha in Makar is also there
b. Shukra in Kanya but with Budh which is uchcha in Kanya and also rashi-swami.
I tend to believe more in 3 and 4 above more than 1 and 2 (Kendra-sthan). I believe in 3, 4 even if it is in 6, 8, 12 houses from examples/case studies I have seen so far.
A Raajyog is when the owner of one Kendra (1, 4, 7, 10) and 1 Kon-sthan (1, 5, 9) is 1 planet and it is in Kendra or Kon-sthan and it is well placed (not ill-aspected, not astangat, not in ill-navamansh etc). i.e. the owner of two of the 1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 house is one planet & is placed in those houses only.
The word ‘Raajyog’ sounds very majestic! J These Sanskrit words have some air of seriousness & impact on Indian minds. We need to look at the technical meanings of those words than what they mean in spoken language! (Example: Mrutyu-Shadashtak – Sounds VERY ominous – But the Sanskrit usage of “Mryutyu” word is not only death? – it could also mean “END”). American culture has very good words for Raajyog à WINNER – When we say that “He is a winner” more often than not the person has a Raajyog in the horoscope of some above average formation. The other phrase is “He’s figured it out” is a better expression of the Raajyog in a kundali!
1. Kirk, Sinvha (Mangal is Raajyogkarak); Vrishabh, Tula (Shani is Raajyogkarak) and Makar, Kumbh (Shukra is Raajyogkarak) lagna get the Raajyogkarak planet! (Mangal is the best friend of the Moon and Sun and Shani and Shukra are the best friends.)
2. For Kirk and Singh it is Mangal as
a. it is owner of the 5th and 10th for Kirk lagna and
b. owner of 4th and 9th for Singh lagna.
c. Mangal should be in 1, 4, 5, 9, 10 houses to cause a “Raajyog” –
d. But, in other houses also it is the Raajyogkarak planet anyways i.e. Mangal in 2nd house for Singh or Kirk lagna – Investments, Lands would be of great significance as it is Raajyogkarak! But it would not cause Raajyog in the sense that person getting great posts etc in this life. i.e. this planets will decide major direction for the person.
3. For Vrishabh and Tula it is Shani –
a. For Vrishabh Shani is owner of the 9 and 10 houses and
b. For Tula it is 4 and 5th house.
c. Shani should be in 1, 4, 5, 9, 10 houses to cause a Raajyog (Vajpayee, Margaret Thatcher Tula lagna with Shani in 1st house; Yashawantarao Chavan Vrishabh lagna with Shani in it.)
4. The “standard” or “Darja” of this Raajyog is decided based on the Speed, the quality of the Sign, Nakshatra, Navamansh and Drushti of other planets etc usual drill! J (Non Wakri, Non astangat)
The “WIPAREET RAAJYOG” is an “ANYONYA YOGA” of owners of the 6, 8, 12 houses:
1. Anyonya yoga is reciprocal yoga -- i.e. Guru in Shukra’s Sign and Shukra in Guru’s Sign or say Mars in Shani’s rashi and Shani in Mar’s rashi.
2. Wipareet Raajyog means that there is an anyonya yoga of owner of the 6, 8, 12 houses i.e. owner of the 6th house in 8th and 8th in 6th. Owner of 12th in 6th and 6th in 12th and 12th in 8th and 8th in 12th etc.
3. This yoga is called as Raajyog as these planets close the loop – They are codependent on each other to give fruits without any other planets or ownerships etc.
4. This is called as WIPAREET as this yoga brings in money / recognition due to some calamity or some widespread disease etc. Basically some incident which is not the best for the society; not that these folks cause such events but they are born to deal with such events.
5. These folks tend to get money and recognition due to unimagined / unplanned circumstances. You cannot prepare or plan for such events in this life – This is highly a destiny prone kind of yoga.
Even a yoga where one of the owners of the 6, 8, 12 is in 6, 8, 12 is also called Wipareet Raajyog as these also give some effects of the Wipareet Raajyog. The reasons being 8, 12 are nava-pancham houses and shows signs that are conductive for the owners. Also 6, 8 are 3-11 (Parakram and labh-yog) and also beneficial as the planet becomes very expressive/effective (or “in Synch”) when 3rd or 11th to its sign. However owner of 6 in 12 or just the 12 in 6 without anyonya would be a bit difficult to call Wipareet Raajyog as there is an opposition and the planets are in shatru-gruha.
Simple / common-sense examples of a “Wipareet Raajyog” are professions like Astrologers /Doctors / Lawyers– Gaining due to troubles of others! J Medicine companies earning due to say Swine-flu etc deceases is also a good example. You would see this yoga and planets in 8th and 12th house of almost all astrologers! J
Uchcha / Neech Signs for a quick Reference:
1. Surya : Mesh is uchcha and Tula is neech (The 10th degree “paramochcha” / Ultra-Uchcha or Ultra-Neech)
2. Chandra: Vrishabh Uchcha, Vrishchik Neech (3rd degree)
3. Budh: Kanya uchcha, Meen Neech (15th degree??)
4. Shukra: Meen uchcha, Kanya neech
5. Mangal: Makar uchcha, Kirk neech (28th degree)
6. Guru: Kirk uchcha, Makar neech (5th degree? I will need to check I am not sure)
7. Shani: Tula uchcha, Mesh neech (15th degree?)
8. Rahu: Mithun uchcha, Dhanu neech
9. Ketu: Dhanu uchcha, Mithun neech
10. Harshal: Not available in Sanskrit granthas but obvious that Harshal is uchcha in Kumbh
11. Neptune: Not available in Sanskrit granthas but obvious that Neptune is uchcha in Meen
I never used PLUTO in ANY horoscope and never saw any effect of Pluto in a horoscope particularly.